If you’re looking to add some new summer recipes to your routine we have just the recipe for you! This recipe is perfect for those hot summer days since you don’t even have to turn on your oven.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 large white or yellow onion, very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 peaches (no need to peel), sliced
- ¼ cup tightly packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Hot sauce to taste (optional)
- Place the sliced onions in the bottom of the slow cooker, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, and vinegar. Stir in peach slices from 4 peaches, then nestle the chicken breasts into the mix making sure they’re covered with some of the peach-onion mixture. Do not add the basil—that goes in at the end.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- When ready to serve, turn off the heat, remove the chicken breasts, and stir in the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon vinegar. Stir to combine.
- Shred the chicken with two forks, then return to the slow cooker, stirring to combine.
- Top with the remaining sliced peaches and plenty of basil. Add hot sauce to taste and serve. Serve the shredded chicken over rice, greens, or on its own.
If you’re interested in learning more about our nutrition program, click here.