Below is a healthy recipe for Mediterranean Chickpea Salad to incorporate into your diet!
- 2 cups diced cucumbers
- 1 cup diced, seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 clove of garilc, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh parley
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup chickpeas (cooked or canned, drained)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well
- Season to taste
- Serve and enjoy!
Experiment with adding in various fresh herbs like thyme and rosemary for some extra flavor, as well as variations of vinegar of your choice.
You can also add olives, as well as diced avocado for extra creaminess and healthy fats to absorb all those nutrients!