The CFJG Difference…
We started Jungle Gym Fitness in 2011 with a couple bucks and early morning training sessions in the park… our own personal stories started even more humble than that. What our gym looks like today is much different than it was then but we’ve continued everyday refining our approach down to 4 Areas of Excellence. Specifically by improving the lives of our community through training and nutrition. CFJG has and will continue to train the using the best possible methods to achieve our clients goals… we will not sacrifice our values in the pursuit of changing the world.
At CFJG we genuinely believe that making a meaningful impact in a few is more valuable, more critical and certainly more rewarding than making a minor impact on many. We’ve doubled down on this approach many times over the years and we continue today to push forward in providing a superior service by focusing in on our 4 Areas of Excellence. We’ve never felt we had “competitors” so to say because what we do is different than what any gym in a 30 mile radius of us is doing. We believe that these Areas of Excellence make our training experience superior… it doesn’t make us the right gym for everyone but it does make us the BEST gym in the world for some.
At Jungle Gym fitness we aim to provide an ever increasing value of service to the Hamilton area by providing solutions to all of the major hurdles in accomplishing fitness goals. There may be other gyms that are better at different things but none stands next to us in more than one of our Areas of Excellence… these are the parts of our service that are unique from our “competitors”. For some these 4 traits of our service are 100% necessary for their success. Some may be less important to you or not important at all. If none of them are important to you, you’d probably prefer a service somewhere else.
CFJG 4 Areas of Excellence
We provide step by step guidance
Our Coaches provide individualized training prescriptions
We make training enjoyable
CFJG uses objective measurements to track your progress
We Provide Step by step guidance
- If you’ve ever been overwhelmed by the thought of “what to do at the gym”. We solved it by programming every workout for you.
- If you’ve ever been worried about not knowing how to do an exercises. We solved it by teaching you.
- If you’ve ever thought… I don’t want to be injured from doing something incorrectly. We solved it by coaching you.
- If you’ve ever thought… Am I doing what is most effective for my goals? We solved it by prescribing you the best program to follow.
Programs: The way our programs are put together… is a step by step progression: NSI, First 60 Days program, Next 90 Days programs. Each stage is there to make sure you only need to focus on one thing. Our
Coaching progressions are designed to keep you from doing nothing more than one thing at a time. Like when we teach you to squat… hips back, sink down, stand up. Our sessions are broken into specific focuses to ensure you have success… the greeting, the warm up, teaching new skills, the workout of the day and finally the debrief.
We have quarterly Goal setting in which we work with you, your budget, your schedule, your obstacles, stresses and everything else to ensure YOU have the BEST POSSIBLE plan to achieve your goals. Step by step guidance is by it’s very nature what COACHING is all about and that is the essence of what we do.
We Provide Individualized Training Prescription
- Why do you need a Goal Setting Session or a No Sweat Intro? We want to know what you want to accomplish… why? BECAUSE WITHOUT KNOWING THAT HOW COULD ANYONE POSSIBLY HELP YOU SUCCEED!? Take for example… try a free class, “jump in and see if you like it”… you weight loss goals don’t care if you “like” it. They care whether you’ve done the work you need to accomplish the goal. We hope you do like the training you have to do… but you have to do the training you need, then we’ll make that enjoyable (see below)! We listen to what you want, create realistic goals based on thousand of previous experiences, then build you a plan specific to your needs.
- 1-on-1 attention… in every service you’ll receive this attention, not just personal training sessions (though you get 60 mins per session of 100% dedication to you and your needs). We believe that coaching is the greatest possible value you receive with your membership. Our average class size is 6.5 athletes per class. That means 9 full minutes of coaching per athlete. Compare that with a class of 20 = 3 mins (even 3 mins is a stretch though… really managing that many people is more like herding hamsters just to finish a class on time). The coaching is happening at 3x the rate of many other facilities!
- Specialty services: we offer specialty services to meet your individual goals. We do them in a variety of service levels to meet budget and scheduling needs. PT, skill sessions, clinics and programs.
Do you need individualized prescription? If yes… we are the top choice. If no… that means you either have enough knowledge to decide which program is right for you, go through the process of elimination or be happy without ever getting results (it’s totally up to you!).
We make training enjoyable
Now every gym I’ve ever been to has laid claim to fun or community and every gym has it’s a right to claim it… We understand that not everyone will fit in with us and we’re OK with that, I can say with certainty that there are people out there who may enjoy another gym more. The difference is we know and rely on specific traits to make sure our gym is an amazing environment consistently and if there’s an outlier we are sure to let them know and point them in the right direction. We specifically make it enjoyable by…
- Creating an Environment: Belonging, positive, best hour of your day. Read about our #1 value belonging… if someone can’t positively contribute they don’t train with us, it’s pretty simple. We coach in the positive. You’re doing this well, now let’s do this NOT this is going wrong, fix that now! It seems subtle but we don’t get called great coaches or get you the results you want by being jerks. The best hour of your day, your consistent attendance is more important to improving your quality of life than adding 10lbs to a lift that will injure you… your coaches don’t forget that. You need to show up, you need to enjoy showing up… it’s our priority to make sure that happens.
- We get results: part of enjoying working out is actually getting results. Our coaches track which of our clients are getting results because we measure progress and we set goals (and we make sure you accomplish them!). Goal setting sessions are where coaches prescribe the best actions steps for you to take and then we remeasure the metrics that matter to you. When you hit your goals… you love training. When you love training… you hit your goals. That is a positive cycle to get into! Without measurement, results don’t exist, love for training dwindles, results actually don’t happen. What is your gym’s strategy?
- Make friends: Globo gyms… obviously, we are winners over them because everyone at Planet Fitness just plugs in the ear buds and does their own thing there. Not here. Other small gyms… here’s the deal, we specifically want to make people feel comfortable with their coach first (Hello that’s one of the many reasons we do PT to start). Then we do a ghost session… that’s where your coach takes you to your first group session, hangs out with you and introduces you to all your classmates… BECAUSE WE WANT YOU TO LOVE WHO YOU’RE TRAINING WITH! IT MAKES IT 100000X MORE FUN! Does your gym have a system to do this for you? No… they don’t.
Do you need training to be enjoyable? If yes… you’ll fit in an environment that suits YOU, that may not be with us and that’s ok. But does any other gym take specific steps to make sure you’ve had every chance? (I’ll wait while you ask… the answer is no).
We Use Objective Measurements
If you care about making fitness gains at all… I mean AT ALL, you have to start with an quality objective measurement. We have the tools to measure the specific goals you have… BF%, skeletal muscle mass, weight, girth, over 15 categories of general performance metrics (with 32 sub levels for EACH of those 15 categories), infinite # of specialized metrics… AND WE ARE GOING TO MEASURE YOUR METRICS AT GOAL SETTING SESSIONS EVERY 3 MONTHS. You’ll never be on the wrong training plan again (unless you don’t do your goal setting sessions, lie to us about your goals… but why would you ever do that?). If you goals change… we change your plan. Which means you’re never wasting time or energy doing the wrong things. All you have to do is tell us what you want to accomplish.
- Level Method MAP (all your physical performance metrics)
- InBody Scanner (all your biometrics)
- Tape Measure (all your body measurements)
- Benchmark workouts (to measure specific physical skills and conditioning (ps. a better functional comparison to conditioning than VO2 max, for you training nerds)
The Real Deal…
- If you NEED any ONE of these Areas of Excellence. You need us to be your gym, to be successful.
- If you WANT and/or NEED any TWO of these areas of excellence. You need us to be your gym, to be successful.
- If you WANT any ONE or more of these areas of excellence. We are going to help you succeed more than any other gym can.
- If you WANT a gym that can provide workouts cheaper and you don’t care about getting coached or making progress on your results. I will personally recommend you to another gym that you’ll fit in better with.
- If you don’t need or want any of these things from your gym… stop reading and unsubscribe!